Wednesday 30 March 2011

Red comparison week - 3nd day: golden shimmer: 4

Hey guys! How are you doing on this beautiful day? I'm waiting for my lunch, huuungry! But it's going to be sushi again, yum! On nail polish related stuff: I'll die if i don't get my hands on that new Zoya collections! Sooo gorgeous! Have you seen them? Ok, I'll pass on a few, but boy oh boy, Zoya nailed it again. In general I feel great, and I mean great lack of Zoyas in my stash. It was the first brand i was shoeboxed with and so they're special to me also as they were the door to nail polish obsession. Fact that I only have two bottles of their gorgeousness is simply wrong. Must get more Zoya!

But now to our red comaparison week. Today I have for you what I called golden shimmer reds. They all have goldish shimmer, but quite different base reds. Still, main note remains, although you'll see they differ a lot! For some odd reason a lot of them came out blurry, forgive me, please, I didn't know till I edited the pictures.


 Stupid typo, sorry, didn't notice it until I saved everything on the pic. Also "vould", not "would" on OPI. *facepalm*






Mmm ... Vould You Like A Lick-Tenstein? (although I get different variations of names online) 2002 O.P.I. European Collection for Fall/Winter.
Essie Vintage Wine - couldn't find any info, sorry.
Autumn Sunset 2008 Nubar Nature's Touch Collection for Fall.
Charge It In Milan 2005 O.P.I. Shopping Around The World Collection for Holidays.

Both O.P.I.s are black labels, so they're not B3F (with these colours I couldn't care less, to tell you the truth), Nubar and Essie of course are.

Brush: I've already mentioned I really don't mind the thinner O.P.I. brush, it doesn't give me any kind of troubles, and so both OPIs behaved very nicely. Nubar has the perfect brush, of course, and also Essie, that has a rather thin brush that I'm not a fan of, behaved really nicely when it comes to brush. So these four get extra points in this department.

Coats: O.P.I. Mmm ... Vould You Like A Lick-Tenstein? (any others that think of this name as major stupidity, raise your hands!) and Charge it in Milan are two coaters, Nubar Autumn Sunset needed three, Essie Vintage Wine also three, although it still remained unever even after the third one, and I'm not particularly happy with that. BUT! It got the punishment of being on my biggest nail, the middle one, so I think three should work fine otherwise. You probably noticed I talk about the application in the 'coats' department too. All of these were really nice to apply. I didn't have any major problems. Nubar can be a bit stroky, but nothing major. Essie doesn't have my love due to the thin brush, but like I said, nothing major with Vintage Wine. O.P.I. obviously wins, with only two coats each. They apply like magic too.

Dupability: Well, no need to tell you that these are not dupes. :) They are really different enough to own them all and don't even bother to compare them. The shimmer is most obvious on Nubar, that's also why you need to be more careful with strokes of brush, as it can show a bit. Shimmer basically disappears with Vintage Wine though. But it's a gorgeous burgundy colour, so it's forgiven. About Mmm ... Vould You Like A Lick-Tenstein? and Charge it in Milan ... I won't even lose my words over them. Aren't they JUST PERFECT?! I feel in love with them immediately, especially Charge it in Milan. Which is of course, discontinued. Yay. Not. 

I would gladly have all 4 of them. The only one I could pass on is probably Nubar, by my great surprise. But I wouldn't mind having it anyway. :) My love goes to both OPIs, but I'm not sure how easy they are to get them, especially Charge It In Milan, both being of old collections and discontinued, as it seems. Correct me if I'm wrong, please! My thanks to Tevta for letting me play with them!

What do you think, do you have any of them? Want them? ;)

Thank you for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Great comparison! Strangely, as many reds as I have, I don't think I have any of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essie-ja se ne bi branila.

    ReplyDelete
  3. krasni, krasni :-D
    ja bih se ipak odlučila za prvi opi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great comparison! Don't have any of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red shimmers are my first love! I think I'll be wearing the new Zoya Kimmy very soon, super-shimmery - great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KarenD, wow, with your red stash, that IS strange. :D

    Taya, Essie je res lep. :) Ampak meni zmagata OPIja. :D

    nail crazy, aha, fin je. :) Al glupo ime, bože ...

    TheNailAddict, hey, welcome to my blog! :) Well, sadly, neither do I. :/ This one is my friend's only four comparison.

    AllThingsNails! - thank you! :) Yes, there is something about red shimmers that I think we all love. :)

    Thank you all for your comments!

    ReplyDelete