Monday 30 June 2014

Lace mani with Make Up Revolution ~ Change My Life

Hello everyone! It's been a while! Thing is, just as I was preparing my laptop to later on pack it up to move with me, we discovered the battery died. The irony was great with this one. I guess I shouldn't complain too much, as that also means it did live right to the point when my BF actually fixed our PC at home, so yeah, the timing was all in all good. Still, no blogging for me, unless I'm home. It doesn't mean I do not polish my nails or wear make up, of course. :) For today I have a mani I did with a nail polish I received from Slovene online shop called licila.si. I got a wonderful package from them, I will show it in my next New In post.:)

Makeup Revolution Change My Life seemed like a perfect nude colour when I first picked it up. Nudes I lack in my stash, and a perfect nude is always a challenge to find, plus, I immediately got an idea for a mani with Born Pretty Store water decals, as my nails are currently a bit longer. This is what the final result was.




I'm really happy about the result, as you know, I loooove the water decals (review of them with different manis here, here and here). Especially since the application of Change My Life turned out to be quite disastrous. The brush looks like a nice, normal round brush, nothing special. The moment you start applying nail polish, you notice that it is also very stiff. When you get to the second layer, it becomes clear that the stiffness of the brush causes ridges in the application. I tired thin coats and then thick coats, nothing helped. Consequently I applied three coats, on some nails four, wanting to get rid of the ridges, but failed to do so. Luckily the ridges disappeared when applying top coat, but I do not know if that happens every time and with every shade they offer. 

This is how it looked like sans top coat:



Not a fan. I always wear top coat with my manis and the water decal covers the ridges very nicely, but it does put me off of buying more shades, even if they are gorgeous, because I do not know how the brush is going to act. Might as well wait for more reviews, I suppose. Other than that, I like the colour, it is a great nude, and it works wonderfully with the water decals. But yeah, consider yourself warned about the brush!

Makeup Revolution nail polish comes in over 40 shades and in 10 ml bottle. You can buy them in licila.si for only 1,95€.


Do you have any experiences with Makeup Revolution nail polish? Is my brush just a dud or their standard stiff brush?


Thank you for reading and commenting, have a great week!


 *I got the products as a gift, unconditionally, from licila.si (even the post itself was not demanded).

5 comments:

  1. Tudi jaz sem dobila MR lak za nohte v odtenku Absolutely Flawless. Meni se čopič sicer ni zdel tako trd, ampak sem imela iste probleme z nanosom laka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aj, to pa je težaven nanos :/ Ampak barva je pa lepa.
    Celotna manikura je pa awesome :) Čisto po mojem okusu :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super mi je i sam i s nadogradnjom :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ta lak pa je res perfektne nude barve. :)
    Se je pa meni isto dogajalo s čopičem. :(

    ReplyDelete